Saturday, February 26, 2011

Perfect intersection of child's preferences with Mom's Laziness

I don't mean to make this into a Mommy blog, but having perused some of my favorites, where creative, kid-pleasing birthday cakes are regularly put on display, I just had to get in on the act. Michael really does prefer Bavarian  creme donuts a thousand times to  cake, and, well, I didn't take any convincing at all, being a mother who is totally dedicated to my children. (but I really think he has superb taste in birthday desserts.Unlike that demanding brat little darling who insists on  chocolate cheesecake every year.)

And for all those who wonder why I, a mother of seven, blog about that Divine Office rather than my adventures in homemaking...no other explanation is required.

Happy Birthday, dear Michael.

7 comments:

  1. Blessings and a happy birthday to my cousin Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should retitle this as "Perfect intersection of child's preference with Mom's CREATIVENESS." Enjoying your blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cake! For his birthday, my husband prefers take-out pizza over any fancy meal I can dream up. Very exciting blog -- looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm somebody who blogs about homemaking who's always wondered about the divine office so what you're doing is fantastic! I'm a convert and the whole thing just kind of baffles me - the last I heard was that it was only something for priests to pray. I had decided I didn't like that answer and now I found your blog so I'm looking forward to learning more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen! I am so glad you found me. I can't believe people are still saying the Office is only for the clergy.
    I'd be happy to answer any of your questions. Just ask them in a comment box at the end of any post. In the meantime, you can also look up old posts that are labelled "How To" since these answer many common questions.
    If you don't have a breviary yet, try divineoffice.org which has each day's prayers online.
    Above all, welcome into the Church--I'm glad you're here. I'll try to find your blog later and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! Love it. Re laziness: I gave birth to two of my (7)girls on my husband's birthday. Three cakes for the price of one. (Though hubby will have to eat pink icing on his birthday cake till the kids leave home.) And I very much appreciate the "mommy blog" interjections. Excuse the cliche, but that 'keeps it real' for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mariette,
    I also managed to go into labor on days that would eventually SAVE labor. My husband and second oldest son share October 13th, and kids #2 and #3 were born June 8th and 9th, so I made them share a party. Which they always thought was a special way to do it.
    I only Mommy-blog once in a while because there are hundreds who do it better. It's good comic relief from all the prayer talk.

    ReplyDelete