Thursday, April 28, 2011

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.  See everyone's miniature triumphs and add your own at http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/

1. Our family had a lovely Easter despite only the most intermittent sunshine. The house was stuffed with family, which is how I love it on holidays.
2. Despite the cooking, candy-buying, and assorted catering to the needs of visiting family, I managed to get to both Easter vigil and to Easter morning mass. Vigil has all the liturgical fireworks, but the sequence sung on Easter morning is very special as well, and I'm so glad I caught it this year.
3. I had a birthday this week--no great accomplishment--but I did  plan and carry out my day exactly the way I wanted it: a lovely day-trip with my husband, which began with a beautiful lakeside hiking trail at a state park we had never visited before, and finished with a shopping spree  at an outlet mall. Thanks be to God that the one day this month with (almost) no rain was my birthday!  On the way home we picked up several Little Caesar's $5 pizzas and a chocolate cake. Then we had a very pleasant, relaxed birthday dinner with the kids.  From now on, my husband and I will have to have a monthly day trip to explore more of the local attractions we'd never gotten around to seeing.