Thursday, April 7, 2011

Small successes

Small successes add up to one big triumph! Or thus says Danielle Bean over at Faith&Family Live. Here's mine:

1. It's week 4 of Lent and I am still managing to do meatless dinners Monday thru Friday. This is the kids' success, too, since they are not complaining. A Perpetual Jubilee was a big help in supplying lots of great new ideas for meatless meals.
2. I got out of my introverted comfort zone--to  approach my pastor and DRE about starting a women's bible study. They both said yes, and showed me a nice, comfortably furnished room in the former convent that could be used. I wrote up an announcement for the Church bulletin to assess interest. I'm researching materials to find something that is a. interesting b. faithful to Church doctrine and c. not too expensive.
3. Inspired by Jen Fulwiler's talk on "Letting Go of Fear" at the Faith&Family Mom's Day Out, I took a few baby steps toward starting to write a book. Got the table of contents nailed!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job, Daria! I am so impressed with the new fearless you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are awesome successes! I'm not sure I could get my family to go meatless Mon-Fri. Best of luck w/ the women's Bible study...that is a great endeavor!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoooooooooooooooo...I completely understand about the 'comfort zone'. Praising God for giving you the strength.

    Want to share something with you..


    "Therefore, I take pleasure in being without strength, being insulted, experiencing emergencies, and being chased and forced into a corner for Christ's sake, for when I am without strength, I am dynamite" (Streams in the Desert)
    amen amen amen

    When we are weak, Christ is STRONG in us, through us and around us...

    ReplyDelete