Friday, January 18, 2013

Everyday Catholic's Guide Gets Celebrity Endorsement


The Everyday Catholic's Guide to the Liturgy of the Hours


Sorry to inflict an obnoxious author brag on you, but 1. sometimes I can't help myself and 2. My contract actually requires me to do a reasonable  amount of self-promotion and this is certainly that.

Mike Aquilina, theologian, journalist, EWTN personality, and author of many, many wonderful  books, has just read the manuscript of The Everyday Catholic's Guide to the Liturgy of the Hours, and had this to say:


"This is the first clear and simple introduction to the Church's hours I've seen, and I can't imagine a better one. Daria Sockey has given 'the rest of us' another path to prayer -- a path proven by tradition and by the experience of the saints -- a path that had, till now, seemed obscure and impassible. I'm very grateful."
Mike Aquilina

Pretty cool, huh?



9 comments:

  1. Daria, That's a terrific endorsement! I've got my copy pre-ordered and look forward to April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, indeed! I'm really looking forward to receiving my copy. I've pre-ordered also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to recieving my copy. Thanks Daria, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!! My copy is pre-ordered and I've got a bunch of Secular Franciscans lined up waiting to look at it (I know they're going to want copies too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Daria, on receiving such a wonderful review/endorsement from Mr. Aquilina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I can't wait to get my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to reading your book, do you expect it to come out on kindle/nook at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone, for all these kind comments. Betsy, I gather from my contract that there will be a Kindle edition, but I'm not sure if it comes out the same day as the print edition. It wouldn't hurt to go to the book's page on Amazon, and click that place on the right that says "Tell the Publisher I'd like to read this book on Kindle."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will do that Daria. I tried clicking on your book on the right but the link isn't working.

    ReplyDelete