Friday, January 18, 2013

Everyday Catholic's Guide Gets Celebrity Endorsement


The Everyday Catholic's Guide to the Liturgy of the Hours


Sorry to inflict an obnoxious author brag on you, but 1. sometimes I can't help myself and 2. My contract actually requires me to do a reasonable  amount of self-promotion and this is certainly that.

Mike Aquilina, theologian, journalist, EWTN personality, and author of many, many wonderful  books, has just read the manuscript of The Everyday Catholic's Guide to the Liturgy of the Hours, and had this to say:


"This is the first clear and simple introduction to the Church's hours I've seen, and I can't imagine a better one. Daria Sockey has given 'the rest of us' another path to prayer -- a path proven by tradition and by the experience of the saints -- a path that had, till now, seemed obscure and impassible. I'm very grateful."
Mike Aquilina

Pretty cool, huh?