Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Prayer Request and Q&A Opp

My father in law, Eli William Sockey, Jr. passed away a few days ago at the age of 95. It was a holy death, surrounded by family and by prayer.   He was a Catholic patriarch, with 8 children, 39 grandchildren, and I'm not sure how many great grandchildren.

I'd appreciate a few prayers for the repose of his soul.

I haven't done a formal Q&A post for a while, so this will be one.

Are there any breviary beginners out there who are confused about something?  Or breviary veterans who have an advanced question about the correct celebration for an optional memorial, perhaps?

Just let me know.

Tomorrow--don't forget the feast of the Transfiguration of Our Lord. You will see an Evening Prayer I for this in your breviary, but this is only used when August 6 falls on a Sunday. This year, start the feast with Office of Readings.  Note the special New Testament canticle for evening Prayer II tomorrow. We only get this one twice a year. (Do you know what the other occasion is?)