Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome Faith&Family Readers!

A warm welcome to anyone who comes here as result of my guest posts this week on Faith&Family blog .   I've been with Faith&Family magazine from the very first issue in 1999, so the editor, writers, and readers really feel like an extended familiy to me. I'm happy that you are visiting me here.

If you are interested in trying the Divine Office (aka Liturgy of the Hours) this lent, I'd be happy to help you with any questions related to it. Check out past posts, and especially the archived "How To" posts if you want to get started.





3 comments:

  1. I am happy to have found your blog through F&F today! As a convert - even 13 years ago - I still have much to learn and the Divine Office interests me. I'll be here to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to learn more about/pray the Divine Office for quite some time now. It has always been dauting to me. :-) I can't find the "how to" posts to which you refer. My first question is what do I need? Do I need the set of big books? I do have an app on my iPhone, but I don't know if I would enjoy reading it there every day. Anyway -- thanks for any help! God bless, Michele F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele and Misty,

    Thanks for dropping by! I had my post categories all the way at the bottom of the page, so it's no wonder you missed the "How-To's" I'm going to try to get on my page designer and move them up to a more visible location, so perhaps by the time you come back they will be nearer the top on either the right or left side. Sorry it was so hard to find them. You don't need all four books at once. There are one-volume versions if all you plan on doing is morning, evening, and night prayer. And if you want to include the other hours, then you can buy one of the four-volume series at a time. Right now you would just buy the lent/easter volume. But If I were you I'd just go with the app for a while to get used to it. Maybe I'll do a post soon on breviary choices.

    ReplyDelete