Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Q&A & Welcome- Pentecost Edition



Welcome, new followers Christian and Donna! I hope this blog fuels your enthusiasm for the official prayer of the whole people of God. Feel free to ask any questions you have about the Liturgy of the Hours.

There's an interesting discussion over at Catholic Answers Forums where people discuss which breviary--pre or post-Vatican II, they prefer, and why. For most part, there are very few snarky comments alleging the inferiority of one compared to another, something that is rare in discussions on the internet between those with traditionalist leanings and those who prefer ordinary, post-Vatican II forms of liturgy. One particular comment near the end of the list (as of 5/22), shows how, depending on which options in the General Insturction one uses, the modern Liturgy of the Hours can be done in a way that is quite in sync with longstanding. monastic tradition. I haven't put my own two cents in there yet, because I've forgotten my username and password for Catholic answers.

I hope you are all enjoying the Holy Ghostliness of this weeks' Office, especially Office of Readings and Evening Prayer.