I've had two inquiries in two days about how to get the Ibreviary.com mobile app/ widget to one's Kindle.
And with all the Kindles being purchased this Christmas, I'm guessing that more of you will need this info really soon.
My experience is with the 3rd generation, "Kindle Keyboard" model. The others appear to have the same web browser and some way to type in web addreses, so...
1.Click Menu, then "Experimental".
2. From the Experimental menu choose launch browser.
3. Click Menu again, and choose "Enter URL"
4. Type in http://www.ibreviary.com This will bring you to the ibreviary homepage.
5. Click on "English" at the top of the page so that it will switch from Italian.
6. Get about halfway down the page using the down arrow key. Find a white rectangular button or sign that says IBreviary app for prayer/click here to pray now. This should bring up the ibreviary menu for the day, similar to what I have here on the left side of this blog.
7. Before you do anything else, hit Menu and arrow down to "Bookmark this page" THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS AGAIN EACH DAY.
8. Now you may choose your prayers from the menu.
9. Note well: ibreviary is on a European time zone, and will change to the next day's prayer at 6:00 PM. If you routinely say Evening prayer after this, make sure to choose it from the main menu as soon as you finish the previous hour you've prayed, so that it will be there when you want it. There is a way to re-set to the previous day if you get on after 6 PM, but it is a bit of a bother.
10. That's it. After this, all you have to do is launch the browser and choose ibreviary from your bookmark page.
New note in 2014: Father Nathan Miller recently noted that the URL for the Kindle mobile version is now: http://ibreviary.com/m2/
As Kindle keeps getting updated, things are bound to change. Also, please note that this process is for the regular, e-ink Kindle reader, not the Kindle Fire tablet, which uses the Android app version of iBreviary.