At long last, the Lazy Woman who writes this blog has actually put something up under the page tab above that says "Praying the Psalms". It's a collection of posts meant to help us understand the daily psalter. No longer will readers thirsting for information have their hopes shipwrecked on the shoals of "page under construction-come back soon." Long time readers can ignore this page--you've seen it all before. Newer readers might want to check it out if ever they have wondered about the following:
- What's the point of praying a sad psalm when I'm happy or a joyous psalm when I'm miserable?
- Is it okay to complain to God or do holy people welcome all suffering without the least fuss?
- There's some Very Violent & Vengeful psalms in the Divine Office. Why does the Church want us to pray such horrible stuff?
- If we are in the new covenant, what is the use of all the Hebrew imagery in the psalms that we pray?
- So much of the Divine Office is praising God. Why does God have to be praised so much? I know God isn't egotistical, but...
The answer to these questions, plus a few other nifty psalm-related essays, will be found when you hit the tab. Have fun.