Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sound the trumpets! Or the Kazoos!

The Everyday Catholic's Guide to the Liturgy of the Hours is now available!

A couple of readers wrote to tell me yesterday that Amazon had told them their pre-ordered copy was on its way. Huge shock to me, since last I checked, it wasn't going to be out til April 16th. I called the publisher to make sure Amazon wasn't hallucinating, and sure enough, the book came back from the printer and went out the door to Amazon on Monday.

So, despite a horrible cold, I'm excited.

Since you've all been so supportive of the blog and are all such devoted fans of the Liturgy of the Hours, I'm asking you to do a tiny favor which does NOT involve buying the book. (although that would be nice too.)

Please just go to the book's page on Amazon and click the little orange "Like" tab that appears just beneath the title.  To those of tender conscience, I"m not asking you to say you've read and like a book that you haven't read. Clicking "like" can just mean that you like me, or like the cover design, or like the idea of such a book existing. Or, that you like the Liturgy of the Hours and are happy it is being promoted and made known to others. Lots of "likes" will help with ranking for those who are searching for books on this topic.

So please do this little kindness for me, okay?  Thanks.

12 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for my copy, should be here here on Tuesday, so I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went and clicked the "like" button. Is this book going to be in e-book format?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is eventually going to be available as an ebook. I'll ask the publisher this week. There is a place on the Amazon page to let the publisher know that you want to see it on Kindle. That might hurry on the process of getting it out as an ebook.

      Delete
  3. Mine came yesterday, I think! I can't wait to read it! Congratulations! (Off to click the button...

    God bless,
    Michele F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not click Like.
    Must be because I had already clicked Like the first time I saw the cover. :)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read my comment and it sounds goofy. I said "I think" because I can't remember if it came on Saturday or Friday -- It IS here, though, on my kitchen table. :-)

    God bless,
    Michele F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pre-ordered copy came Saturday, although Amazon told me it would arrive on Monday. I love it!!! I'm only on page 21 so far but I just love the "down to earth" flavor of your writing style. I will surely put down my overall impression when I get through the whole book, but no doubt I'll be as impressed than as I am now. Congrats!!!
    You hit a home run with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doug. If you'd put your thoughts down in a review on Amazon, that would be really, really helpful.

      Delete
    2. All set....it seems I was the first to review it.
      I finished it last night, by the way. I couldn't put it down, to the detriment of much reading I need to do for a seminary class I'm taking. But was so pleased with the book. Great job!!

      Delete
    3. Sorry, I have a few accounts that when I comment or reply, I don't always remember which one I used last.
      Doug Lyons, Brother Joseph, same thing, same me.

      Delete
    4. Bother Joseph alias Doug, You had me confused for a moment. But I'm glad to know your secret identity.
      Wow, thanks for a spectacular, home run review. You put in much more and better info about the book than the publisher did in the book description. You've made my day.
      I'm especially interested in getting the word out to third orders and oblates, since I all of them have some committment to the LOTH, and the book could be a big help in formation classes.
      Thanks again.

      Delete